The 5-step process to craft custom jewelry
As with everything in life, there is a process to create custom made jewelry.
- Designing: The first step is the most important; listening to you allows us to learn what you have in mind. If you know exactly what you want, we’ll sit back and listen. If you’re unsure of what you want, no problem! Our designers will ask several questions to help generate ideas and allow you to guide us.
- Wax carving: Using your design, a wax carving is created to allow you to see what your jewelry will look like once it’s complete. This is the last step available to make any changes. Before the next step starts, you must approve the wax design.
- Investing & casting: We take the wax carving and turn it into a mold of sorts. From the mold, molten metal is introduced to create the overall shape of your jewelry.
- Finishing: Before this step, jewelry is not very pretty. This step is the process of sanding, tolerancing, cleaning, and making sure it’s ready to receive the stones.
- Stone setting: Once the metal has been cleaned, finished, and prepared, the stones are put into place and secured.
Every custom piece is handled by several specialists over the course of about 2-6 weeks.
To start, make an appointment to talk with a designer. We’ll talk designs, ideas, metals, costs, and timeline.
If you’re not ready and have questions, we consider ourselves rather approachable. Give us a call, text or email us. One of us will promptly reply.
Not sure a custom piece of jewelry is right for you? Visit the store and you’ll find many ready-made custom pieces not found anywhere else.